Give your operable walls an updated, fresh look by replacing the old vinyl, fabric, or carpet coverings.
Recovering operable walls and air walls is not as simple as recovering a room or hallway. To be properly done:
- Various trim items must be removed from the wall panels prior to installation of new wallcovering
- Vertical panel edges often also must be removed and reinstalled
The recovering is done with the panels hanging in their normal positions.
Problems that can develop:
- Rust underneath the old wallcovering
- Wall covering that has been applied with adhesive that’s too strong to allow stripping
- Substituting thicker or thinner wallcovering than what was on the panels originally.
Recovering operable walls and airwalls always involves a lot more than just stripping the old covering and applying the new one. Our crews know what types of adhesives to use, how to properly remove and re-install trim and vertical edges, and how to prepare panel faces for the new wallcovering. Recovering is definitely an activity where it pays to spend more to have the job done right the first time.